How to Avoid ‘Make-up Rut’
from Guest Blogger Nicole Gerrard
I recently had a conversation with a friend about a “make-up rut.” This got us talking about how often women should update their look. Let’s face it ladies, we change. Our eyes may not be as perky. Our lips may be a little thinner. Wrinkles could be affecting our make-up application. The list goes on!
Here are some ways to avoid a make-up rut:
1. Declutter If you have not used a product for six months, you aren’t going to. Toss it. I’m not talking that one lipstick you just love to wear at Christmas.
2. Organize Put your make-up in one place where you will see it all. A drawer is a great option. I love a beautiful display on a vanity.
3. Get Inspired This may mean surfing the internet for something that clicks. It could mean taking note of colors you’re drawn to. Beauty inspiration is everywhere!
4. Let Go of Fear It’s fixable. So you put a bit too much eye shadow on? Fixable. You blinked so hard from stabbing your eye with a mascara wand and now have imprints all around your eye? Fixable. You don’t think you’ll be able to “do it like she does.” Yes, you can. This is where lessons are most important.
5. Don’t Follow Fads for the Sake Of Following Fads If you think Sharpie eyebrows are crazy, then don’t be stupid. Just don’t do it. Make-up should enhance what we have, not take away who we are. Stay true to yourself, and if you have to question it, then perhaps it’s not you! You can always start with a classic look and build from there.
6. Embrace Change Do you have 15 lipsticks all in the mauve range? Stop that! Don’t be silly. You may be beautiful in mauve, but I bet you’re beautiful in dozens of other shades or even a nude lip! If you are comfortable with doing your eyes, but never change your lips, it’s time to flip flop. Try down playing your eyes and enhancing your lips. Perhaps wear your blush a tad higher with those new lips!
7. Be Versatile I think every woman should have at least four looks she feels good about.
8. Embrace the Pop of Pink Face Kit Do you hate guessing which colors play well together? Pop of Pink Face Kits are your friend and easy on-the-go.
9. Take Care of Your Skin A bad skincare routine and/or products can affect your make-up. This is especially obvious when applying foundation and concealers. The right amount of exfoliating and moisturizing is important for bright, healthy skin.
10. Now treat yourself to something new! I’m in love with Pop of Pink Cosmetics! I love helping women feel beautiful and giving them the tools to do it themselves.
STAY SIMPLE. CREATE EXPRESSION. BE GLAMOROUS.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.